Message from the Mayor
With the continuing sharp rise in deaths and positive COVID -19 cases, Story County Supervisors issued a mask mandate for whenever inside or outdoors with others. I still see many not wearing masks, going in and out of our stores when signs on the doors ask, EVERYONE PLEASE WEAR A MASK.
The Story City Council, Administrator, and I urge all Story City residents to cooperate with the mask mandate, social distancing, and frequent hand washing. Our best defense against this epidemic is working together and helping each other back towards the normal lifestyle we all enjoyed.
Mayor Mike Jensen
City of Story City Coronavirus Information
- Face coverings are required to enter any building owned and/or controlled by the city.
- Fairview Lodge will be available to rent as of May 1, 2021 with the following Covid-19 Precautions:
- Capacity of 36
- Social distancing
- Mask wearing unless eating/drinking
- Signing of legal liability waiver at key pickup
- The lobby at City Hall will remain closed at this time. Utility payments can be made in the drop boxes or with the online payment link above.
- The Bertha Bartlett library is Open with 15 in the library at a time and 30 minute time limits. Call 733-2685 or Check out their website for more details https://www.storycity.lib.ia.us/
- The Community Center will be be available to rent on May 1, 2021.
- For questions about City Hall Business call 515-733-2121- please leave a message if you do not reach us, and we will return your call.
City of Story City parks are open. This includes playgrounds, courts, diamonds and disc golf. Restrooms and water fountains will remain off for the winter. While visiting any public space, use your best judgment and act responsibly; bring your own sanitation supplies with you and adhere to recommended guidelines of keeping social gatherings to less than 10 people and observing social distancing standards. If you do not feel well or have been sick, stay home.
The situation will continue to be reviewed and any changes or extensions will be communicated through our Facebook page and website.
Welcome to Story City, Iowa
- We’re located in central Iowa on Interstate 35—only 10 minutes north of Ames/Iowa State University and 45 minutes north of Des Moines.
- The Story City Interstate 35 Business Park has an array of companies from Fortune 150 NextEra Energy, to international ISPT and family owned Eby Manufacturing. The West Industrial Park is anchored by companies such as American Packaging Corp and Lumber Specialties.
- We’re an Iowa Main Street Community that includes the historic 1913 Story Theatre/Grand Opera House.
- Story City Community Health and Recreation Center is a partnership with Mary Greely Medical Center that provides a wide range of health and recreational facilities, programs and services for all ages.
- The Roland-Story Community School District is class 2A with an enrollment of approximately 980 students.
- The Story City Carousel is an authentic 1913 Herschell-Spillman portable merry-go-round. Our antique carousel is one of less than 200 existing all-wood, hand carved carousels left in the United States. The carousel appeals not only to the avid antique buff but also to families. The low cost of admission, $1, makes it a very affordable form of entertainment.