City of Story City Coronavirus Information
- Face coverings are required to enter any building owned and/or controlled by the city.
- Fairview Lodge will remain closed.
- The lobby at City Hall will remain closed at this time. Utility payments can be made in the drop boxes.
- The Bertha Bartlett library is Open by Appointment Call 733-2685 or Check out their website for more details https://www.storycity.lib.ia.us/
- The Community Center will be closed to the public
- For questions about City Hall Business call 515-733-2121- please leave a message if you do not reach us, and we will return your call.
City of Story City parks are open. This includes playgrounds, courts, diamonds and disc golf. Restrooms will be open but water fountains will remain off at this time. While visiting any public space, use your best judgment and act responsibly; bring your own sanitation supplies with you and adhere to recommended guidelines of keeping social gatherings to less than 10 people and observing social distancing standards. If you do not feel well or have been sick, stay home.
The situation will continue to be reviewed and any changes or extensions will be communicated through our Facebook page and website.
Welcome to Story City, Iowa
- We’re located in central Iowa on Interstate 35—only 10 minutes north of Ames/Iowa State University and 45 minutes north of Des Moines.
- The Story City Interstate 35 Business Park has an array of companies from Fortune 150 NextEra Energy, to international ISPT and family owned Eby Manufacturing. The West Industrial Park is anchored by companies such as American Packaging Corp and Lumber Specialties.
- We’re an Iowa Main Street Community that includes the historic 1913 Story Theatre/Grand Opera House.
- Story City Community Health and Recreation Center is a partnership with Mary Greely Medical Center that provides a wide range of health and recreational facilities, programs and services for all ages.
- The Roland-Story Community School District is class 2A with an enrollment of approximately 980 students.
- The Story City Carousel is an authentic 1913 Herschell-Spillman portable merry-go-round. Our antique carousel is one of less than 200 existing all-wood, hand carved carousels left in the United States. The carousel appeals not only to the avid antique buff but also to families. The low cost of admission, $1, makes it a very affordable form of entertainment.