City of Story City
- The City's Water Utility Billing Department is going to a new payment processing system. The use of e-checks will no longer be available after the 28th of February.
- Fairview Lodge is available to rent.
- Utility payments can be made in the drop boxes or with the link in the payments tab at the top of the page.
- Call 733-2685 for the Bertha Bartlett Public Library, or Check out their website https://www.storycity.lib.ia.us/
- For questions about City Hall Business call 515-733-2121- please leave a message if you do not reach us, and we will return your call.
Learn more about Story City departments, as well as get contact information and additional resources.
Our Mary Greeley Medical Center Partnership provides services for all ages.
Open Gym Schedule
The Fairview Lodge is a beautiful and scenic location for birthdays, weddings, graduation parties and more.
Download and view important documents such as permits and applications.
FROM DES MOINES
STORY THEATER OPERA HOUSE
RIDES PER YEAR
Welcome to Story City, Iowa
- We're located in central Iowa on Interstate 35—only 10 minutes north of Ames/Iowa State University and 45 minutes north of Des Moines.
- The Story City Interstate 35 Business Park has an array of companies from Fortune 150 NextEra Energy, to international ISPT and family owned Eby Manufacturing. The West Industrial Park is anchored by companies such as American Packaging Corp and Lumber Specialties.
- We're an Iowa Main Street Community that includes the historic 1913 Story Theatre/Grand Opera House.
- Story City Community Health and Recreation Center is a partnership with Mary Greely Medical Center that provides a wide range of health and recreational facilities, programs and services for all ages.
- The Roland-Story Community School District is class 2A with an enrollment of approximately 980 students.
- The Story City Carousel is an authentic 1913 Herschell-Spillman portable merry-go-round. Our antique carousel is one of less than 200 existing all-wood, hand carved carousels left in the United States. The carousel appeals not only to the avid antique buff but also to families. The low cost of admission, $1, makes it a very affordable form of entertainment.
Story City Briefings
Subscribe to Story City Briefings using the button below, and always stay on top of the latest news, happenings, and insights.Subscribe
Parks & Recreation
You can now register online for all recreation programs! Learn about upcoming & current programs and much more.Learn More
Have questions or comments? Interested in opening a business in Story City? Make sure to contact us online using our online contact form.Contact Us